Hello, this is the Photojournalism Hub team! We are looking for people that would join us as volunteers in areas of fundraising, editorial and press. These roles will help us continue deliver our work promoting photojournalism and independent journalism to advocate for human rights and social justice.
Among the most immediate goals is the launch of a printed quarterly photojournalism magazine, an exhibition of the Injustices and Inequalities: Covid-19 journal, secure funds for our contributors, volunteers and admin work.
We need help to achieve and how to secure funds for making these a reality. If you wish to be involved and be part of our team, please find descriptions of our immediate roles.
Our commitment and offer to you:
– Unpaid, volunteering opportunity. Currently, the entire team is working with no pay.
– Attend all the Photojournalism Hub events for free.
– Attend all the Photojournalism Hub Workshops for free.
– Professional guidance.
– Opportunity to lead your own projects, including events.
– References upon request.
– Contribute to human rights and social justice advocacy.
– Be part of the team of a thriving photojournalism organisation.
– Travel expenses paid.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US:
– A commitment of 4 to 6 hours per week over a minimum of 3 months.
– A commitment to our mission and goals.
HOW TO APPLY
We ask to complete the below application form by March 25th, 2022, 5 PM UTC. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview between March 28h- 5th April.
– Relevant experience in fundraising, and/or in a similar role in a not for profit organisation, charity or community based organisation is ideal, however a background in research, finance is welcome.
– Research and pitch organisations, companies that would sponsor the Photojournalism Hub.
– Help us fundraise for the launch and first edition of printed photojournalism magazine.
– Research funding grants, and submit applications.
– Help us strategise our current membership model with Patreon.
– Support the Photojournalism Hub team by selecting photography for our monthly photo stories pages.
– Support the Photojournalism Hub with our Human Rights in Focus page by writing a piece once a month and/or to select and invite photographers to submit photo stories that are relevant to the page.
– Support the Photojournalism Hub team with securing contributors.
– Minimum experience in writing and/or previous photo editor roles is ideal.
– Support the Photojournalism Hub with their weekly newsletter.
– Video documenting Photojournalism Hub events for archival and marketing purposes.
– Video editing for social media posts and Patreon.
– Support the Photojournalism Hub in writing press releases of our events, workshops and campaigns.
– Experience in writing, video and video editing. Please send links to our attention.